Position: Of Counsel
Practice Areas: • Mergers and Acquisitions • Corporate and Commercial • Banking and Finance
Waly has almost 20 years of experience in practising corporate, business and commercial law. He has advised on establishing funds, complex financial products, and has advised on the setting up of tax-efficient structures. Waly has handled a number of landmark acquisitions for major financial institutions in the MENA Region. He also has considerable experience in Islamic finance and the banking industry in general. He has been a guest speaker at several legal and investment forums in Kuwait and Egypt and was also selected as a member of the committee that was charged with preparing the primary draft of the new Egyptian constitution after the 25th of January revolution, by the National Gathering Forum. Waly is serving as board member of nine companies; some of which are publicly traded, in Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, USA, UK and Netherland Antilles.
Qualifications & Admissions:
• LLB, Faculty of Law, Cairo University, Cairo; 2000.
• LLM, Faculty of Law, Cairo University, Cairo 2002.
• Professional Post-Graduate Diploma in Executive Management, American University in Cairo, 2004.
• Member of the Egyptian Bar Association, 2002.
• Member of the French Business Council Kuwait , 2009.
• Member of the Canadian Commercial Circle Kuwait, 2010.
• Certified Islamic Finance Expert , Islamic Finance Institute, London, 2011.
• Certified Takaful (Islamic Insurance) Professional, Islamic Finance Institute, London, 2011.
• Finance and Financial Law (MSc), University of London,SOAS, London, 2012.